Our street address is 707 S Wood St., Suite 101
Getting to Rush University Annex Building by Public Transportation
“El” Trains Rush is served by two of the CTA’s “EL” trains. The Pink Line stop is POLK station and the Blue Line stop is ILLINOIS MEDICAL DISTRICT.
From the Blue Line ILLINOIS MEDICAL DISTRICT station:
- Walk east towards downtown up a very long ramp. You will walk under the Pink Line tracks and come out on Paulina Street.
- Turn right after the turnstile, cross Congress Parkway at the traffic light. Rush’s Emergency Department will be on your left.
- Continue walking straight between the two hospital buildings.
- Cross Harrison St. at the traffic light.
- Turn right after crossing Harrison St. and walk on Harrison St. under the Pink Line tracks.
- The Professional building will be on your left.
- Turn left at the U shaped driveway on your left and walk alongside the Professional Building towards the valet parking area.
- Continue and turn right towards the 4 story Annex building, along side the double sidewalk.
- We are in Suite #101. You will need to call for entry if you do not have a Rush badge as the exterior doors are locked.
- Our physical address is 707 South Wood Street
The Blue line can be accessed directly from O’Hare Airport. The Blue Line train’s main connection is with the Red Line through the subway system. It also connects with the Green, Brown, Orange and Purple Line trains, as well as Metra, through the loop elevated system.
From the Pink Line POLK station:
- Exit the station at ground level and turn left.
- About 50 ft. from the station entrance you will see a tree lined promenade across the street. Cross the street and walk up the promenade.
- About one block up the promenade will be an 2 story brick building called the Annex Building. The physical address is 707 South Wood Street.
- The entrance is on the north side of the building in the middle. You will need to call for entry if you do not have a Rush badge as the exterior doors are locked.
- As you come through the glass doors, our office is straight ahead in Suite #101
The Pink Line connects with the Green, Brown, Orange and Purple Line trains, as well as Metra, through the loop elevated system.
The primary bus route serving the Medical Center is the #7 Harrison bus (weekdays) and the #126 Jackson bus (weekends).
For more information about times and routes for public transportation, call the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) at (312) 836-7000 or visit their Web site.
LOST?????? Are you at the hospital, but still can’t find us?? Pick up a house phone and call 3-4824. Or stop at an information desk and ask them to call the number. You can also call Tommy on his cell at 410-271-2990.